SOP Review Service
If you’re set on going to grad school, writing the statement of purpose (SOP), also known as a statement of intent, will understandably feel scary, anxiety-producing, and overwhelming. After all, SOPs are an important aspect of one’s graduate school application. SOPs show an applicant’s motivations, writing style, ability to self-promote, research interests, career trajectories, and why they chose a particular program. And many of these aspects are difficult or impossible to discern from transcripts, CVs or resumes, letters of reference, and so on. As a result, it’s essential that you invest a lot of time, energy, and critical thought to constructing and revising your statement.
It’s also in your interest to get feedback on your SOP from your professors, peers, friends, parents, and anyone else who you can get to read your SOP. However, it’s likely that the people in your circle don’t know what kind of feedback to offer, as they’ve never gone to grad school, don’t know the norms and expectations of academia, aren’t good writers, or simply don’t have time to give a critical eye to your drafts. That’s where this SOP review service comes in: I’ve successfully applied to and completed graduate school in English and Cultural Studies, have an editing certificate, and want to help my fellow peers achieve their educational and career goals!
What services I offer
- Letter-style general feedback covering topics such as organization, flow, content, repeating stylistic errors, and any additional topics you’d like me to address
- Comment bubbles in Microsoft Word with detailed feedback, where I address specific questions, concerns, or ideas
- Lots of encouragement!
What I need from you
- Your statement of purpose, formatted accordingly in Microsoft Word:
- Double spaced
- 12-point font
- Times New Roman
- 1.5-inch margins
- What details your SOP should include, as required by the grad program(s) you’re applying to
Why choose this SOP critique service over others?
- I have a Bachelor’s degree with First Class Honours in both English and Women’s and Gender Studies from the University of Manitoba, MB, Canada
- I’ve written SOPS for graduate school admissions, and recently completed my Master’s in Cultural Studies and Critical Theory from McMaster University, Canada
- I won the prestigious master’s Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS-M) Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) award for my master’s project
- I have an Editing Certificate from Simon Fraser University
- I’m a native English speaker
- I’ve graded hundreds of student papers during my undergraduate and graduate degrees, ensuring my ability to give honest, critical feedback and point out what you’ve done well
- I offer confidential services
- I offer fast service: SOPs are returned within 2 days of payment
- I offer cheap SOP reviews: I’m running this side business purely because I enjoy editing and helping fellow students reach their academic goals, so your costs are low